Cleaning house is a task that most people often despise, but it has to be done. It takes a significant amount of time, and it is boring.
Thanks to the technological innovation now we can get robotic vacuums to clean our homes on pretty much an auto mode.
In this Roomba 652 review I look into the benefits, features and shortfalls so you can make a decision whether this is the best robot vacuum for your home.
- Schedule cleaning for up to 7 times a week
- Can clean under the beds and other furniture due to low profile
- Cleans all types of floors and carpets
- One button activation and operation
- Automatically returns for charging
- Good price
- Might not work well with dark carpets due misrecognizing it as a cliff
- After months of usage, the filter seals may not function as efficiently as it used to when new
- Does not include virtual walls – needs to be purchased separately
- Cleaning style is sporadic; it may leave some pet hair and debris on the floor or carpet
- Three-stage cleaning system. In addition, it includes dual multi-surface brushes to ensure that it collects all the dirt from your carpet or floor.
- Intelligent sensors. These sensors aid the robot vacuum to clean under your furniture and around them for an enhanced cleaning job.
- Dirt detection sensors. This feature enables it to give a more thorough cleaning to areas with a lot of dirt concentration.
- Cleaning scheduler. You can set this robot vacuum to clean up to 7 days in a week. All that with the push of a button.
- Cliff-detection sensors. The sensors ensure that your robot vacuum does not fall off your staircase or from other high areas.
- Auto-adjust cleaning head. The cleaning head automatically adjusts the vacuum’s height to ensure that it cleans any surface within your house efficiently.
What I Liked
iRobot Roomba 652 is a robot vacuum that has an automated vacuum. With just a simple push of a button, cleaning starts immediately. It can also clean any type of surface (floor and carpet) with a lot of ease.
It is also more advanced than its predecessors are, and it can clean for about a whole hour – this is more than enough time to clean several rooms in your house.
What I Did Not Like
I was mostly disappointed by the fact that the Roomba 652 cleans with a lot of inconsistency. It moves around the room in a zigzag motion, which increases its chances of leaving pet hair and debris on your carpet.
I also did not like the fact that the Roomba 652 could not clean dark carpets. If you own a dark carpet, you may have to replace or temporary remove it after you get the robot vacuum to avoid it stuck.
Keep in mind that as much as the Roomba 652 is not perfect, it is still one of the best robot vacuums in the market especially in its price range.
The Roomba 652 Review
If you have been cleaning your house using a regular vacuum cleaner and you are tired of the work the robot vacuum might make your life a lot easier. You will no longer be forced to move your furniture all over the place so that you can clean under them.
Roomba 652 robot vacuum is designed to allow automatic hands-free cleaning. At a fairly affordable price, you might want to consider adding it to your home’s accessories. Here are some of its main features.
It might be the suitable cleaning tool for you if you have a carpet in your home. It is capable of cleaning carpet efficiently from one room to the other.
The Roomba 652 has been built to maneuver easily through different parts of your home to clean every dirty part of your carpet. The carpet cleaning is also enhanced by its 3-stage cleaning system to ensure it collects all the debris from your carpet.
Hard Floor Cleaning
Thinking about it, you would want to get a robot vacuum that can clean your floors with ease. If your home has hardwood floor installed, you can rely on the Roomba 652 robot vacuum to clean it. This robot vacuum is built to handle different types of surfaces – hard floors included.
An added feature that makes this vacuum convenient at cleaning hard floors is its multi-surface brushes that enable the vacuum to collect all kinds of dirt and debris from your floor. Besides being able to clean hard surfaces, it also has dirt detection sensors that enable it to clean the areas of your house with a lot of traffic extensively.
- Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week, or just press CLEAN on the robot
- Patented 3 Stage Cleaning System and Dual Multi Surface Brushes pick up everything from small particles to large debris
- Dirt Detect sensors alert Roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high traffic zones of your home
- Full suite of intelligent sensors guide the robot under and around furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors
- Auto Adjust Cleaning Head automatically adapts its height to effectively clean carpets and hard floors. Cliff detection sensors allow Roomba to avoid stairs and other dangerous drop offs
Pet Hair Removal
Anybody with a dog as a pet will attest to the fact that cleaning off pet hair from the carpet or floor is quite a daunting task. Pets move from one point of the house to the other uncontrollably, leaving hair everywhere.
Roomba 652 robot vacuum is fitted with sensors that help it to navigate under your furniture to ensure that it cleans efficiently. Moreover, it can adjust its height to clean different types of floors appropriately.
Ease Of Use
When you feel the need to get yourself a robot vacuum to do the cleaning, you will probably want a device that is easy to use. Fortunately, the Roomba 652 robot vacuum is quite easy to use. All you are required to do is press CLEAN on the robot vacuum, and you are good to go.
What’s more, you will not have to move around in the different rooms of the house to do the cleaning yourself. The Roomba 652 vacuum cleaner comes fitted with sensors to guide it under and around furniture.
If you are intrigued by smart technology, the Roomba 652 features auto-scheduled cleaning. With this scheduler, you do not have to keep setting the robot vacuum every time you want it to clean your floors or carpet.
It is quite easy to program, and you can set it to clean up to seven times per week. This means it will have a cleaning session every day of the week. Interestingly, setting the schedule is no hard task.
You can do it by simply pressing the buttons it comes with to set the date and time for when you would like it to carry out the cleaning. In this video below you can see how to set a schedule on Roomba 600 series robot vacuums (including Roomba 652):
Roomba 652 robot vacuum is designed to run for about 60 minutes. When you press the clean button, it will turn green. When the robot’s power is low, the light will turn yellow, and when the battery is dead, the light will be red. Roomba 652 robot vacuum will automatically return to the Home Base for charging when it detects that the power is low or the cleaning cycle is done.
You will be required to clean Roomba 652 robot vacuum regularly to remove the dirt it collects. It is small, implying that it cannot store a lot of grime. Maintenance should be carried regularly because dirt may stick on its brushes, minimizing its performance.
Roomba 652 robot vacuum comes with a 2-year warranty. Please note, that iRobot (manufacturer of Roomba) has warned that using 3rd party replacement parts might void the warranty. It is better to double-check that before buying replacement parts for your Roomba.
iRobot Roomba 652 robot vacuum is meant for people looking to make their homes smarter for an affordable price.
If you have a pet in your home, this robot vacuum might be ideal for you because it is designed to clean different types of floors. It has brushes that enable it to clean the grime from your carpet or floor.
However, before you get this robot vacuum, you should ensure that you don’t have a dark carpet (not to trick cliff sensors).